Saturday, October 15, 2011

Miller Family in Ronks, PA

   I became interested in genealogy in 2000. My grandmother, my last living grandparent, died the end of 1998. Beginning of 2000 I had my 4th child. I realized then that it was time to start recording the family's history before it was all forgotten. I can't say that I never had any previous interest because I'd asked her to tell me about growing up in Maine and how she ended up in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. I hope this inspires my family to share some of their memories as well.
    My grandfather and grandmother, Marian (Ward) and George Miller raised their family in Ronks, Lancaster County, PA. In this photo in the 1960s they are seen behind their home on Ronks Rd. They had 3 children, 8 grandchildren, 15 great grandchildren, and so far 3 great great grandchildren. They were an important part of my life and it's only now that I can appreciate everything they've done for me and the family.
  I encourage my family to add comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment